What Type of inbouwvaatwasser (built-in dishwasher) Best Suits You
Perhaps many would consider washing the dishes as the most cumbersome household chore that needs to be done on a daily basis. Let us all thank the inventor of the dishwasher (whoever he may be) for saving all of us from doing the dishes every single time.
Just put them in, add some dishwashing soap, punch in the settings, and you’re good to go. But, have you ever thought of what type of dishwasher suits you?
There are a total of four types of dishwashers, and the most common type is the inbouwvaatwasser (built-in dishwasher). But, let us take a look at the features of each type before deciding what to purchase.
- Built-in Under Counter Dishwasher
- Permanently placed under the kitchen sink
- Requires plumbing and water works to be established
- Can be used simultaneously while kitchen sink is in use
- Consumes a lot of space (24” x 18”)
- Not ideal for people renting apartments or who are always on the move
- Drawer Dishwasher
- Quite pricey
- Very convenient – you can run one or both of the double boxes independently
- Uses less energy as you can run small loads of dishes at a time
- Free-standing Portable Dishwasher
- No plumbing works required –connect with an adapter for the tap, load and operate just like a regular built-in model
- Perfect for apartment renters or those who move frequently
- Counter top Dishwasher
- Most economical
- Requires a counter or a base situated near the sink
- Requires an adapter to connect to the faucet; works while tap is open
- Small capacity
- Might require some hand washing of the utensils and dishes
Before purchasing a dishwasher, see to it you have checked your lifestyle and the number of people that is living with you in the house. Ultimately, these will be the factors that will determine what type of dishwasher you will use.